Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where did I leave off? I forget. But i´m currently in Flores, Guatemala, but will be leaving to Rio Dulce, Guatemala in the morning. Casa Guatemala, the orphanage, is in Rio Dulce.

I visited the Tikal ruins today, about an hour and a half from Flores. The best ruins yet, but have no camera to prove it. Actually, I have a camera, but no memory chip. Apparently while plugging it in to the computer, it contracted a virus. I don´t like public computers!

But somehow my old pictures were saved. Check them out on Facebook.

I arrived in Flores on Wednesday, after an 8 hour bus ride from Palenque, Chiapas, which included two buses and a boat ride. My first border crossing was easy. Jump on one bus. Get off. Walk to immigration, in the middle of nowhere. Walk a few feet to a boat that takes you across the border. Jump on another bus, which drives for 30 minutes to the Guatemalen immigration office. Then get back on the bus and on to Flores.



Lots more to write about but my time is limited. I´ll have much more time tomorrow.

Hope everything is well at home!
Love,
Michael



This was the bus to Guanajuato. Nothing like the bus to Guatemala. The bus to Guatemala was not nearly as comfortable. More on that later.
TBC



No comments:

Post a Comment