Monday, May 11, 2009

Los Angeles, CA: LAX, Alaska Airlines, Gate 33: 25 cents a minute for internet access, I couldn't pass it up! Except that it took about three minutes to log-in; clearly not a very good connection.

The morning has been smooth sailing thus far. My uncle picked me up at 6 in the morning. My grandmother was already in the car, ready to go.

We arrived at LAX at 7am. Checked in and went through security with no problem.

My grandmother had a bag full of pills and medicine, which no one bothered to check.

I did forget to order her wheelchair, so she had to walk. But the distance was very short, she had no problems.

My bag weighed 59 pounds, and anything over 50 pounds triggers an additional 50 dollar. I pulled a travel book, a few shirts and shorts, shoes, and some shampoo out, and stuck them in my grandma's bag.

I was still at 53 pounds, but the man at the counter let it slide.

It turns out you don't have to be at the airport three hours early for international flights. It's 8:15...I think i'll go and eat.

Later today, i'll be in Mexico City. I can't wait!

oh, yeah, I also have my mask in my pocket. I figured I wouldn't wear it just yet, didn't want to create panic. You know how it is.

Pictures in the next blog. Promise.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment