Friday, May 15, 2009

Finally!

It took over half an hour, but some pictures posted! At this rate, I wont have very many pictures to share. But i´ll do my best.
Very exciting day today. Went to the Zocolo (there may be another c in there). The Zocolo is the main plaza in Mexico City, where the President lives, the center of town, etc, etc. But the exciting part wasn´t so much being at the Zocolo, though it was really cool, but it was taking the bus and metro there. I´ve heard so much about the dangers looming in Mexico City´s public transportation, that I couldn´t help but get fired up and an adrenaline rush when it was time to go.
I´ve heard some crazy stories. And been told not to do it.
"You´ll get pickpocketed"
"You´ll get kidnapped"
"If they know you're a tourist, you´re doomed!"
And of course, none of it was true. No one attempted to pick my pockets, I wasn´t kidnapped, and I still have my camera. And I took pictures on the bus, and on the metro (see above). It´s just as safe as Downtown L.A. Meaning, I wouldn´t do it at night, but taking public transportion here is as safe as most major cities. But it was still a thrill.

I have to get up early, so I have to go to bed. But here are some pictures...finally. My aunts, and grandma. (Really, my great aunts).


My special walking shoes...best 200 hundred bucks i´ve ever spent. These cost more than my last five pairs combined, but worth every penny.



Trying to get in shape. My bag weighs over 50 pounds, and i´ll be carrying it from here to Brazil!

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I LOVE YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment