Wednesday, July 8, 2009

San Pedro, Guatemala: Still in Guatemala. A very beautiful country. No one really has it on the top of their lists of places to visit, but really an amazing place to visit.

I need to do a bit of catching up, i´ve been slacking off on the blog. Let´s see. I left the orphanage last week, and can truly say I miss it. The way I planned my year long trip was six months of scheduled travel, and six months to re-visit favorite places. As of right now, it would be the orphanage.

From the orphanage went to Antigua, a very touristy town. But lots of history. I took salsa lessons while I was there, but I don´t know if I improved. But it was fun. Also took a walking tour with two other friends, with me as the guide. I made up most of the historical information, but about 30% was factual. They didn´t really care. Because the town is so touristy, I really didn´t speak spanish while I was there. In fact, I don´t think i´ve spoken spanish all week. I need to leave the tourist zones!

From Antigua, headed to San Pedro, where I am now. Very beautiful. Check out the pics on Facebook, if you don´t have one, sign up, it´s free. If you´re opposed to Facebook, thenlog on to your friends facebook and check them out. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1366841075&ref=profile&__a=1

Traveling is great. There is no doubt that this trip was definitely worth it, and i´m just getting started. You learn a lot about yourself, and mostly from people your traveling with. They have some of the same complaints about me that people back home have. Hey, i´m working on it. But things are going generally well.

Of course, the news of Michael Jackson passing away made its way over here. Like everyone else, I was shocked. Besides his poor choices toward the end of his life, he was a man who for a day stopped LA traffic, and really the world. What an impact! They say the number of people you have at your funeral depends on the weather. I don´t think a blizzard would have stopped people from visiting Staple Center yesterday.

Next up for me is Antigua. Back to Antigua, then to Guatemala City, where i´ll catch a bus to El Salvador. I´m there for two weeks at La Casa de mi Padre children´s home. A much smaller operation than Casa Guatemala, but very much looking forward to it.

Hope all is well back home.

Love you all,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment