Sunday, January 31, 2010

San Salvador: One day turned into a week. But that's not a complete surprise. I really like it here in El Salvador. I've met some great friends here, and feel quite at home. But because I was here a week, i'm going to skip Belize. Truth is I had no desire to go to Belize. I don't know why, but I was almost dreading the thought. So no Belize. Instead im heading straight to Mexico, which I am really excited about!

Tomorrow i'll take a bus from El Salvador to Guatemala City, then to Flores, Guatemala, where i'll spend the night, and finally head to Chetumal, Mexico on Tuesday. I'll spend about two weeks on the coast of Yucatan (Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Cancun, and Chichen Itza). From there i'll head to Merida, Campeche, San Cristobal, then to Oaxaca. From Oaxaca I hope to visit Iguala, where my dad is from, but I need to make sure I have some connections there. It otherwise is a town that most people would not visit.

Then 6 weeks in Guadalajara, with easter week in Mexico City.. After that i'll have about two weeks to see as much of the north of Mexico as possible. I think it'll be a quick three months. I wish I had about 6 months, Mexico is a huge country.

I'm also planning on taking the next 12 days in semi solitude. It's difficult when traveling, but i'll at least stay away from the computer, and any other communication home. So fyi to the family, you shouldn't be hearing from me in the next 12 days.

The trip is rolling along. I wish I could stay in El Salvador another few days, but alas, I must move on. The friends i've met here are great! So now the end of my Central American travels is here. On to North America.

PS, anyone catch the Lakers game today? It was on, live, in El Salvador, and I got to see Kobe do it again! That guy is incredible. But don't forget that the Lakers wouldnt be in that position unless Artest creates the offensive foul on Pierce. What a great game!

Love you mom,

love you fam, love you friends!

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Yo Follow my blog tooooo! I just started one! :-) http://tunsjourney.blogspot.com/

    Hope to see you soon! Check your facebook messages! (wink, wink)

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete