Monday, August 10, 2009

San Jose, Costa Rica: I'm here in Costa Rica, and finally got around to blogging. I'm really going to regret not keeping up with this, but it's just so hard to find motivation to sit down and write when you're having such a great time. And it's easier to stay in touch via Facebook, because pictures tell a much better story than a blog.

But, let me try to recap my last two weeks.

I think I left off at the Islands. Merida was cool. Took a hike to a beautiful waterfall on the island. It was tough, but definitely worth it. From Merida headed to Moyogalpa, where I stayed at a 3 dollar a night hostel. And it's true, you get what you pay for. I was in a dorm with three other girls, two of which I knew, and the other I met while there. She was afraid to stay there alone, and I couldn't blame her. But she felt better once she realized we were all just as creeped out by the place as she was. But it was a fun experience. Paper thin mattresses, and filthy sheets. I used my jacket as a pillow.

The next morning I headed off the island and over to San Juan del Sur. It's a really nice beach town, (I think there are picture on facebook). I stayed for three days, but left because I had finally met up with some friends I was expecting.

We headed to Tamarindo, Costa Rica. Stayed for few days, then went to San Jose, where they were going to meet some friends that lived there.

So far so good, and so many stories to tell, but just can't get myself to write. Stories like the fight that broke out in Moyogalpa, where the weapons of choice were plastic chairs, or the gun fight that broke out in San Jose. We were all told to get on the floor, that was crazy!

But i'll keeo uploading pictures on Facebook.

Eevrything is great, so far. I am losing weight, but actually eating quite well. I miss you all!

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment