Sunday, August 16, 2009

Samara, Costa Rica: Looks like I stopped writing, and people stopped reading! I have not received a comment in about four posts! I feel like i´m writing to the wall! just kidding.

I guess its my fault for not keeping up, or not keeping it interesting. But a quick recap, and then a few thoughts.

I believe I left off in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica. I was fortunate enough to stay at a friends, friends, house. From San Jose we headed to the Word Surfing Championships in Jaco, Costa Rica. It was quite a fun atmosphere. People from all over the world were there to cheer on their country men. I think France won, not sure. But we missed the entire competition because of traffic. But did meet some locals that we hung out with, which is always fun.

From Jaco went back to the capital, then to Tamarindo beach, and currently in Samara. I´ve only been here about 6 hours, but I think this may be the nicest beach I have seen in my entire life! I´ve thought this about eight other places, but i´m definitely coming back!

Costa Ricans have this saying, Pura Vida! And it´s true, they all say it. I was getting on the bus today, and handed the driver my money, and he says, Pura Vida! I was thinking, okay, seems contextually out of place, but I guess it works with anything.

Costa Rica is as nice as advertised, but very expensive. Especially for someone trying to budget for a year! But it is beautiful.

August 15th marked my third month on the road, i´m a quarter of the way through. So far so good. Like anything else in life, you adapt to traveling. You miss your family and friends, but get used to not seeing them. You get used to changing beds almost every day, and get used to eating out for every single meal!

I am sad to report that I have not worked on my spanish lately. Everywhere I turn, they´re speaking english! But I will make it a point to speak more spanish. I´m hoping it gets better in South America.

I´ll post pictures soon, with lenghty comments to explain what´s going on. And when I say i´ll post picture, I mean on Facebook!

Love you all,

Michael

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good dude! Keep blogging -- E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still reading Michael and I am still praying for you and your safety!

    much love

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still here - keep it up - so proud of you -

    Carol D.

    ReplyDelete