Saturday, April 11, 2009

First things first...

These days, no one is going to "read" a blog unless its filled with pictures. I could write a commentary on that fact, but I won't. I've committed to no "soap-boxing" on this blog, at least not about petty things.

Since no one will read a word I write, I need a camera, in order to post pictures. There are three digital cameras sitting in my room, but none of them belong to me, and worse, none of them work.

So i'm off to Fry's Electronics to buy a decent digital camera. I've done a bit of research, but not much. I think i'm settling with an Olympus 1030sw, waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof. All important features for a one year journey through Latin America.

If any one has a better suggestion, please let me know. Considering no one knows about this blog yet, i'm guessing no one is going to respond! I just had to throw it out there.

I'll start posting reguarly, with pictures, soon. This blog will serve as my primary communication to So Cal while i'm gone on my one year journey.

I'll try to link this site to Myspace and Facebook, since most people have an account on one or the other. I'll blog about my preparation, then blog about my trip, which begins May 11th. I'll have more to say about the trip in later blogs. But first things first, i'm off to get a camera!

-M

3 comments:

  1. You bought a great camera, bud! I think it's so exciting that you're going on this adventurous trip! except the fact that I'm not going with :( But I know you'll have plenty of fun and a remarkable journey! May God be with you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. disposables are always good...haha. hurry up with a new blog about what your "one year journey" is all about!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! It will take you a year to figure out how to use the camera.

    ReplyDelete